From the website:
What if it’s not the beginning or the end of your book that’s the key to a successful story? What if, amazing as it may seem, the place to begin writing your novel is in the very middle?
Based on his bestselling writing book Write Your Novel from the Middle, James Scott Bell will teach you a unique method for crafting a powerful, unified novel by way of the “mirror moment”—a crucial beat that happens right in the middle of great and enduring stories. You can gain the power of this moment at any stage of the writing process.
Bringing together years of craft study and personal discovery, Bell offers an approach to writing your novel that will stand the test of time and serve you all of your writing life.
In this 60-minute class on Feb. 9, you’ll learn:
- How to discover the true heart of your novel so every page pulsates with meaning
- How to determine the pre-story psychology for your main character
- What is meant by transformation, and how to “prove” it at the end
- Why you need to know your character’s death stakes (physical, professional, or psychological)
- The fundamentals of richer, multi-layered stories that don’t have to be more complicated
- How to avoid the sagging middle that plagues most stories
- The golden triangle method of plotting
Bell will offer examples of the mirror moment in popular stories, which will help you identify your own main character’s story arc. By the end of this class, you’ll approach story structure in an entirely new way.